Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Nesting Instinct

time for little updates of mei mei again.
 2.1kg at week 32
 2.7kg at week 35
My ever big bump. Feeling so swollen now especially my foot, all my foot wear seems a size smaller now! Nevertheless I still love this feeling of a wonderful new life in my tummy, her rolls and kicks just gets me excited with anticipation of her arrival.

 Around the 6th month of my pregnancy, my nesting instinct sets in. The feeling was so strong and uncontrollable. The feeling of having a strong need of a "brand new" and "clean" nest for mei mei and even for little Kieran. I either find my myself cleaning the house or on the prowl of buying baby items. My strong desire seems endless! 
 Some items I bought, super comfy gel pillow and bolster from King Koil! Bought 2 sets, one for each of them!

 this picture just says how comfy it is!
 aww...
 comes with this cute blankie.
 Dumbo seat! I am regret and guilty for not purchasing this when I had Kieran, saw it at Lynn house only when it was too late to buy for Kieran as he already can sit on his own then. Though to myself "what a great baby product, shall get it for my second baby. Tadah! =)
Baby play gym.
 My unusual burst of energy just made me so preoccupied with cleaning, organizing, sterilizing, packing and unpacking my hospital bag for 20 times and even ants killing!!!
Don't call me insane, I remember that I used to see even my pet hamsters doing it! building a nest with the saw dust when their labour draw near. 


Sofie the Giraffe. I often heard how good this giraffe is. Sought after by many ang mo celebrities for their babies, but don't know if it is really that good, hope she love it!
play pen ready and set up! already had a baby cot in the kids room but decided to get a play pen for extra convenience to be place  in my room beside my bed.
 bought more mittens today. Afraid that what we already had is not enough. Amy yiyi went shopping and bought 2 cute rompers for mei mei and a cute little mickey mouse shoe for Kor kor!

I have a feeling that my labour bag is missing of something which I can't think of. Maybe I am just nervous. Oh yes, I am still nervous even after my first boy.
 Whats in my bag?

1. Marriage cert to register for mei mei birth certificate
2. Mount Alvernia Admission letter and IC.
3. game console, ( i know i probably wont have time for that, but i just bring since my bag is big!)
4. Instax Cam and extra films
5. Camera, lens, and Video camera
6. toiletries
7. Pyjamas and bras
8. Disposable panties
9. maternity loop
10. herbs for bathing 
11. Ipad
12. chargers
13. dry Shampoo
14. what else??!


 I kept thinking and guessing "where will I be?" or "what will I be doing?" when my contractions pain happens. I hope not in awkward places or situation! This is a total new feeling because Kieran was induced. We sort of get to choose the date we want. But this time round Dr Don said leave nature to it's course as mei mei is fine and well in my tummy, and we all knows the importance of a "fully cooked" baby!
I prayed that it all goes smoothly. Shall savour my last experience of pregnancy, and the joy of having a new family member.

ade.loves

No comments: